Mulled Wine Kit

FIRST CHRISTMASSY POST OF THE YEAR WOOOO!

Okay, I'm done squeeling-I promise! This year I'm making lots of christmas items which I can keep for myself or give as gifts to other people. First up, is my Mulled Wine Kits


To make these adorable little kits you will need: 
12 4"x4" muslin squares/cheesecloths (don't worry if a bit bigger, you can trim/have more frill) 
3m Ribbon
12 cinnamon sticks
12 whole star anise
4 tbsp all spice berries
4 tbsp cloves
2 tbsp cardamon seeds 
1tsp black peppercorns 


Put your cinnamon sticks and star anise into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, some may find it easier to use a mortar and pestle however I only have a little one so it took much longer. 


Then mix with all the other ingredients



Lay 1-2tbsp in the centre of your cheesecloth/muslin


Pull in the corners evenly and then tie. I used a small elastic band as twine/string can become too fiddly and not hold the cloth together tightly. 


With a little bit of decoration, and the instruction (see below) on how to mull your wine, you have a mulled wine kit that's a cheap and easy gift for all! 




Comments

Popular Posts