Giant Cupcake Tutorial

Today I made a lovely giant cupcake, so here's how to do it:





You will need
  • 350g Unsalted Butter
  • 350g Caster Sugar
  • 6 Eggs
  • 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 350g Self-raising Flour
  • 175g Plain flour
I made the batter, (putting in the ingredients in the order they are listed above), then, using a Wilton Giant Cupcake tin, I filled the bottom part of the cupcake tin 3/4 full and baked for 20 minutes (160*C).

Next, I added the rest of the mixture into the other part of the tin and baked for an hour.


After taking out, I levelled it off, left the cakes in the tin for 10 minutes and then placed on a wire rack to completely cool. 


I then began to start the decoration process. 

For decorations I used: 
  • One packet of candy melts
  • 100g butter
  • 200g icing suger
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • Ready rolled regal icing 
  • Sweets/wafer decorations
I started by melting my candy melts, I recommend doing it how it says to on your packet, but I used a homemade double boiler following the steps on the packet.


First I lightly oiled the tin, and then equally spread the melted candy melts into the tin and put it into the fridge for 30 minutes/until it was set. 


Then I did the same again, and left the tin in the fridge until the candy melts were completely set. 


 Once set, tip your tin upside down, give a few taps and this is your outcome!


 After that, I trimmed the ridges and leveled off my bottom cake and placed it into my edible case.


Then take the top part of the cake, glaze it with apricot preserve/jam and place over the regal icing, ready rolled is a lot easier and quicker to deal with. 


 Then using your finger or a ball tool go around the indents of the cake.


 Fold the remaining icing underneath, again securing with apricot preserve/jam to make sure it stays on.

 Then just simply place your cakes together using butter cream (butter and icing sugar) and then decorate!


Comments

Popular Posts